Things have been going well in our class...we've had a few rough days/weeks, but then they do precious things like play well during inside recess and show excellent progress in reading and then it makes it all worth it. God has blessed our class with a special love for each other this year and I can't forget that! Needless to say, we are still having a 'class meeting' to refresh ourselves on some rules (like not standing up on our chairs, or screaming when we walk out of our building...ya know, little things like that). They also have a holiday "Dia de la Mujer" (Day of the Women) in Honduras. I'm posting a picture of the gift I got from school to promote it in the States...We also celebrated 100's Day! God is so faithful! I can't believe it's been that many days in this school year! There's also pictures of Valentine's Day and our new soccer field dedication! Some of the kids said they thought they were in heaven. It must seem like it after playing on rocks their whole lives! No more scraped knees and elbows! What a blessing! My kids are also asking some really great questions about God, heaven, etc. Like "Do nice people go to heaven?" and "Why did Jesus have to pray to God if he was God?" I pray God will give me wisdom when answering questions like this. These are the opportunities we hope for! Anyway, here are some pics.
The workers finally get to sit down!
Our story this week was about a boy who lost his cat, so we made our own 'lost' signs for imaginary pets. Here are a few of my favorites. The 'likes to' section is the best.
Likes to: pich pepole (pinch people)
Mini cake from one of my students!
No comments:
Post a Comment