Sunday, May 13, 2012

2 Months later...

So I see that February 19 was the last time I posted something. A lot has happened since then, but I guess since God gave us our answer to go back home, I felt it was unnecessary to continue with my blog. :) Like, we'll be home in a few months and then they can hear about our lives face to face. But then I thought I might as well document our last few months here. I'm going to make this more than one post for pictures sake. Hmmmm....what has happened since February 19? Obviously, I remember the highlights, which is mostly what you want to hear anyway. We came home for Mark and Trisha's wedding and had so much fun. Although it was a short trip, God was preparing things for our future. I went to meet Byron Center Christian's principal that weekend. We came back to Honduras on a Tuesday and Luke left the next morning for San Pedro. His team had made it to the tournament! Although they didn't win, it was still a great experience, and Luke got to stay in a really nice hotel. :) I stayed at Tim and Liz's for mental peace. I found out a few weeks later that I got an interview with Byron Center Christian and we praised God for this opportunity. I was pretty anxious in that week before the interview, felt good about the interview, and then continued to be anxious for the week after. 2 weeks of anticipation was beginning to weigh on both of us! I was beginning to think, maybe they're making me wait so long, so that at this point I don't care what the answer is, I just want one! It was a time where Luke and I truly drew near to God, giving it into his hands. Well the answer came the next Wednesday, and after reading the subject of the e-mail,  the Lord's peace finally washed over me! It resulted in some thankful tears and more prayers to God for answering our many-month-long prayer. It was clear! We knew God was calling us home. :) We are still praising him, also knowing he will be faithful in his provision and provide a job for Luke in his timing. Okay, so that brings us to the end of March. Next up: Semana Santa! 
 Clash Day!
 Mark and Trisha's wedding

 Got to see my friends. :)
 First Grade field Trip to Chiminike (the Children's Museum)


 With 'Chiminike.' He was a robot, but they had many questions about his existence.
I forgot to include this in the post. My kids/moms had a surprise birthday party for me! So sweet...I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the cake, but here is part of the frosting. The top one is Jesus with gold sparkles coming down to bless our class. :) And I can't get the picture to rotate.

No comments:

Post a Comment