Friday, August 19, 2011

A New Year!

Two half days and then the weekend. What a great way to start school! I continue to reap the benefits of being here a second year. One of them: seeing all of my cuties from last year! It was so wonderful to go to school yesterday and see familiar faces of students and parents that I already knew. Although it's great to see my old students, I'm still thankful for a new year and a fresh start. I'm not an expert, but I love the confidence that one year of experience brings. I still have 4 students that haven't come to school yet. Hopefully they're just extending the last few days of their summer break and will show up on Monday!

They, once again, pushed the High School start date back to a week from Monday. I mean, I guess you can't start school with an unfinished building, but it's just kind of a bummer for Luke...one more whole week of having to be at school with not much to do. Just as long as we don't have to stay an extra week into the summer!

And why didn't anyone ever tell me how much turtles reek!?!?  I was given two turtles from the first grade teacher that left last year. I thought it would be fun to have class pets! We could feed them, love them, watch them grow. But after only 5 days of being in my room (with me forgetting to feed them for 3 of those) they started to smell. I had more important things to do besides clean their tub, so it got worse. Luckily, the kids haven't noticed them. I finally clean the tub today and temporarily moved them to a different room...guess I'll have to take "Zookeeper" off of our classroom job chart. If no one takes them off my hands, I may just "let them go."

Luke and I can't hear each other speak it is raining so hard on our tin roof. I can't really think either, so that's all for now!


 Mrs. Holtrop is longer than I thought...
 Clean, but I still don't want them.
Grizzly in a reinvented sitting position.

No comments:

Post a Comment