Sunday, September 11, 2011

Feliz Dia del Nino!

Red Glasses isn't moving any faster. But, she did bring me milkduds one day. Halfway through eating them, she told me to save the rest for Mr. Holtrop. Well, there was only one left, but she told me to save it. The school day was over, all the kids had gone home and I'm sitting at my desk. The lone milkdud was just sitting there. I knew Luke wouldn't care and Red Glasses wouldn't know. So I ate it. The next morning, Nataly comes boppin' into class and of course she asks, "Did you give Mr. Holtrop the candy?" I told her we would talk about it later. Well, she didn't forget (as I was hoping) and she asked me at snack time. I couldn't lie to the little peanut! I told her I had to confess something. After explaining what 'confessing' meant, I told her I ate it! She didn't seem too upset, but told me she would bring me two boxes. One for me and one for Mr. Holtrop. I promised her that I wouldn't eat Mr. Holtrop's. But, we'll see what happens once they're sitting on my desk after school one day. Just kidding. 


Friday we celebrated 'Day of the Child.' It's a Honduran holiday. I gave the kids some smarties, stickers and erasers (thanks mom!). Then we had a party in the afternoon. The parties we have are always put on by the moms. It was good. Balloons are difficult to control. 


We went to Valle de Angeles (the tourist city) on Saturday. It's always a fun little trip.


Anyway, here are some pics.





3 comments:

  1. Hi, I am so happy you fixed your blog, I really don't have anything important to say...but I just like the option to comment, just in case I do come up with something profound!!! I am loving reading about your year & all you little peanuts. Tell Luke Hi. Love Ya, Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok It took me a few tries,I didn't want to post under anonymous, (because you know who I am) But that is the only way it would let me, I'll try again a different way???

    ReplyDelete