Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Red Glasses

Another great week! It was Luke's first week back at school and it went pretty well...just getting started though. Next week he'll start his basketball unit. My week went pretty smooth. I have some pictures of the cuties...
One girl in my class walks to the beat of her own drum. She moves at a snails pace, except at recess. She runs the whole time. She stops by me every few minutes to tell me that she's still running. She's the size of a peanut and is skinny as a toothpick. Adorable. So, on Tuesday she comes to school wearing these giant red glasses. They reminded me of something Maggie would wear. Keri commented that you have to be pretty confident in yourself to wear those. They are kind of the style of the 'nerdy-cool' glasses that those young kids are wearing these days. :) So anyway, she rocked them all day, and switched them out for bright pink sunglasses at recess time. At the end of the day, we were lined up for the buses and one boy asked "Why do you have those glasses on?" Her response: "Because I like them." That's confidence. So Keri called it: The next day, two of my other girls showed up with sunglasses. She's the one in the first row on the far left:


The boys doing what they do best.

They are the beauty of teaching. :)
We went back to Union this morning and really enjoyed it. Hopefully we can find a ride for the next few weeks so that we're able to make a decision if that's where God is calling us to worship on Sundays. We went to the market yesterday...I keep forgetting my camera, but I need to post pictures of it. I'm still trying to plan our meals out...I forgot last week, so I did my best. This week, I forgot until Saturday morning. So, I took the recipe books on the bus, but that didn't go very well. Too many distractions, and we got to the market before I was done! I'm sure we won't starve.
Grizzly has made a new 'friend' with our new friends' puppy. Here are a few pictures from their playdate today. :)


That's about all for the updates this week. We miss you all and pray for you everyday. 

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute black dog playing with Grizzly! :-) Thanks for inviting us to the field! Let's do it again this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally wear those glasses...

    ReplyDelete