Saturday, October 22, 2011
Fall is here...minus changing leaves
I do love the change in weather here; just because it reminds me of the changing seasons back home. Just a few downfalls of being here: the colder temperatures come with lots of rain, there is no heat in any buildings (which can get really cold when you have slat windows and gusts of wind come through the classroom!), there are no colorful leaves, and the big one (for Luke) is no hunting. I don't know why, but Fall is a difficult time to be away...maybe because of the things I have mentioned. I bought a pumpkin and a vanilla spice candle to try and bring fall into our house. It's working a little. I just got done baking a cake because I'm trying to make these chocolate covered cake balls...hopefully they turn out! Anyway, I left the oven door open because it is a gray, cold and blustery day. I went to the market this morning for the first time in awhile. It is always so nice to get all of the fresh fruits and vegetables. Liz and I are attempting to tag-team a chicken pot pie for tonight...we'll see how that goes! Luke is at a basketball game with his team. The head coach couldn't be there, so Luke's coaching his first game right now! They had a game last night and Thursday. They lost both, but I was able to go to the game last night and it was exciting! Maggie and Tyler: the game before us was Abundant Life...I mean, I know it wasn't your exact school, but it made me think of you. :) We have this coming Monday off again. What a blessing! Especially when our grades for report cards are due the next day. We miss you all and pray for you everyday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment