Saturday, October 29, 2011

Those aren't pajamas!

I read Little Red Riding Hood to my students on Thursday. It was our Star Students' favorite book that she shared with us. I haven't read the original version of Little Red Riding Hood in awhile. I was laughing by the end because I could not believe what it said! So after the wolf eats the grandma and Little Red Riding Hood, a woodcutter comes in the house, kills the wolf with his ax and then 'carefully slits open the wolf's stomach.' Out pops Little Red Riding Hood and her grandma! Fewsh! That was a close one. A discussion followed about whether or not Little Red Riding Hood and her grandma actually died. So that was exciting. The next day was pajama day and they could bring a stuffed animal to school. We also had a picnic lunch and our usual songtime with 1B! It was a fun day. The kids have a hard time with the fact that I just wore 'comfy clothes' and not pajamas. I should have brought my onesie! They also couldn't get over that they were going to have P.E. in their pajamas. We are wrapping up our comments for report cards. Luke still has quite a few to go since he has about 250 students! I only had to do 21. Anyway, as I was making my comments, God was just showing me the many blessings he has given to me this year with my class. We have our minor problems, but I have few issues that need to be talked about with parents at conferences. They all just get along so well! (most of the time). What a blessing! We had our Fall Party tonight. We dressed up as Pinares soccer players. We didn't win any awards. Here are a few pics from the week.

 The whole first grade.

 Picnic lunch!
 My Mighty Duck and I.

Creeper in the back.
Our favorite song to sing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment