Luke is 24! We didn't have school on his birthday, which was so nice! We were just able to relax and enjoy the day. We were invited to a friends house for lunch and it was so good. We had grilled meat, salad and potatoes. And then, she made this giant apple strudel turnover thing. It was amazing! She also made a loaf of banana bread for Luke to take home for his birthday. After lunch we played Dutch Blitz with all of the couples. It was really fun. 12 o'clock lunch turned into 5 o'clock by the time we got home. But that meant I didn't have to make a big dinner like I was planning on. We had a few people over for ice-cream dessert (which later fell off the counter and shattered all over our kitchen. Luckily, not on Luke's birthday.) and that was about the day! We have a full week of school this week, but then we have the next two Mondays off. So nice! Luke has been enjoying his new classes of 1st and 2nd graders. Some days he goes from 12th graders to 1st graders in a matter of minutes. Quite the change, but a good one. I wish I would have video recorded my kids' reaction when I told them that 'Mr. Holtrop' was going to be there P.E. teacher. One boy started doing cartwheels in the room. They were clearly pumped. I bought a pumpkin and a vanilla spice candle today; trying to get into the Fall spirit! We miss you all.

What is left of Grizzly's fox.
Getting ready for their game!
Even Grizzly was in on the birthday celebrations!
The ice-cream cake. (It's supposed to say happy birthday)
Happy birthday, Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment